April 23, 2020
- Fixes a scripting error caused by special characters in the name of an object.
December 02, 2019
- Adds support for Azure Active Directory Authentication.
- Includes a new Schema Differences Report.
- Supports the new graph structure, such as the node and the edge tables, introduced on SQL Server 2017, and the edge constraints, introduced on SQL Server 2019.
- Provides new assembly scripting option to comply with the SQL Server 2017 assembly policy.
- Adds a new mapping option, by columns, for the unique constraints. The same options is supported for check constraints on multiple columns.
- Includes some minor fixes.
September 16, 2019
- Supports SQL Server 2019 and the new features on Azure SQL Database.
- Includes a new workspace, with an improved storage and better performance than the previous version. Tools for migration the previous workspace are provided as well.
- A redesigned command line, together with new cmd line samples, simplifies the overall database comparison via the command line.
- A new option encrypt sensitive information in the cmd line xml config files
- The entity filters have been streamlined and are now used primarily to exclude objects.
- Includes some other minor fixes.
January 24, 2019
- Includes some improvements in the licensing component
February 03, 2018
- Adds support for SQL Server 2017
March 01, 2017
- Adds a new option that compares or excludes the "checked" property of check constraints and foreign keys.
- Fixes an issue with the SQL Server discovery on Windows 10.
December 27, 2016
- Fixes an issue related to database assemblies with multiple files. Assembly files with the same name didn't map properly and triggered an error.
- Fixes a scripting issue with the user-defined data types based on (max) native type: varchar(max), nvarchar(max), varbinary(max).
- Includes partial scripting for large assembly files, which improves UI memory utilization and overall performance
October 17, 2016
- Fixes an issue with the foreing key dependencies.
September 13, 2016
- Supports spatial index GEOMETRY_AUTO_GRID and GEOGRAPHY_AUTO_GRID tessellation scheme.
- Includes some improvements in the licensing for virtual machines.
August 22, 2016
- Includes a fix that allows you to compare and synchronize the schema without having read permissions in the master database.
August 17, 2016
- Supports the new SQL Server 2016
- Supports the latest features on Azure v12
- Includes the new command line wizard
- Introduces close to twenty new comparison options
New schema compare version 9 with full support for SQL Server 2016 and Azure v12.
October 26, 2015
- Adds supports for Microsoft Azure databases v11 & v12.
- Allows multiple sessions for the same SQL Server databases.
- The workspace sessions now contain the session name in addition to other session details.
- A new landing page makes the navigation easier the first time you open the tool.
- Introduces a new comparison option that refreshes referencing views on table rebuild.
- Adds a "Buy Now" button in the UI that makes purchasing the comparison bundle easier.
- Fixes an issue with the TEXTIMAGE filegroup, which triggered unnecessary differences between tables.
- Fixes an issue with the collation of columns based on a user-defined data type. The collation difference is ignored when columns of this type are compared.
- Includes a small fix related to SQL Server discovery. In some cases, especially when there were no SQL Servers in the network, the UI generated an error.
New version 7 with Microsoft Azure support
January 19, 2015
- Fixes an issue with table dependencies.
December 08, 2014
- Contains some user interface improvements, such as a new ribbon control, improved docking, tabs and UI styles
- Fixes an issue with the TEXTIMAGE_ON table clause by performing additional checks in order to include the clause only when it is required by the table script
- Fixes a dependency issue between tables and stored procedure that occurred when compatibility level was set to SQL Server 2005
April 03, 2014
- Adds the new entity filters for schema compare UI and schema compare command line
- Fixes an issue with extended properties associated with view columns
- Fixes an issue with cyclical dependencies
- Includes some minor user-interface improvements
March 10, 2014
- Full support for SQL 2014
- New schema comparison options
- Support for database filegroups and filegroup data files
- New filegroup mapping rules and scripting option
- An improved workspace with color schemes, new session parameters and sort orders
- New database connection parameters and other improvements
August 07, 2013
- Fixes an issue related to conversion of varchar(max) data type to image data type
- Fixes an error triggered by foreing keys with the same name created on different tables
- Fixes an issue related to dependencies between a full-text index and the unique key/index associated with it
- Contains some small corrections related to the conversion of char, varchar data types to float and real data types
- Fixes an issue related to parsing of SQL Server multi-line comments in the object definition
- Fixes an issue with the serialization of user-defined data type binding to rules and stand-alone defaults
- Contains some other minor UI improvements
June 03, 2013
- Supports saving workspaces to custom files.
- Supports loading workspaces from custom files.
- Fixes an error that occurred when the database name contains unicode characters.
- Fixes an error related to the columns that participate in an index.
May 03, 2013
- Fixes a scripting issue related to database compatibility mode.
April 29, 2013
- Fixes an issue related to replicated tables.
- Fixes a refreshing problem with schema comparison grid.
- Improves the handling of SQL Server multi-line comments.
- Fixes a scripting error related to "EXECUTE AS" clause of CLR database triggers.
- Adds support for subscription license.
- Other minor fixes.
January 24, 2013
- Fixes an issue with the UI scaling on different resolution/DPI settings.
- Fixes an issue with user membership to roles.
- Fixes a bug with indexes' included columns.
December 15, 2012
- Adds UI support for the database snapshots created with the previous versions of xSQL Schema Compare.
- Adds a new tool named Snapshot Converter that allows you to convert, in bulk, database snapshots created with the previous versions of xSQL Schema Compare
- Introduces many new features in the command line utility such as object exclusion by type or name, a new element for complex schema filters, new elements for comparison options and more.
- Add a new tool named Snapshot Utility that allows you to create database snapshot via the command line.
- Fixes some issues with the command line utility.
November 14, 2012
- Adds full support for SQL Server 2012
- New faster, more robust, scalable comparison and synchronization engine
- New streamlined graphical user interface
- Improved, simplified workspace that provides for a one click re-compare eliminating the hassle of repeatedly configuring comparison sessions
- New dependency algorithm with more accurate dependency actions
- Enhanced logging for API errors, UI errors and script execution
- Improved comparison results grid provides for grouping and filtering by object type and comparison status, searching, drilling down on table and view details etc.
- Adds the ability to cancel the execution of a synchronization script. Cancellation of the script execution will roll back all changes made to the database
- Support for objects that were partially supported or not supported at all in the previous versions, as well as support for new objects introduced in SQL Server 2012
- Over one hundred new comparison, scripting and execution options providing for complete control of the comparison and synchronization operation. More info here...
xSQL Schema Compare with support for SQL 2012, completely redesigned
May 07, 2012
- Fixes an issue with the check constraints that depend on user-defined functions
- Fixes an issue with the default constraints that depend on user-defined functions
April 17, 2012
- Includes some minor fixes for SQL 2008 R2.
- Fixes a problem with the licensing component that occurred on a Windows configuration that enforces FIPS-compliant cryptography algorithms.
May 26, 2010
- Support for SQL Server 2008 R2
- The passwords for SQL Server connections are now encrypted and stored in the workspace file eliminating the need to enter passwords every time you launch xSQL Object
- Handling of discrepancies between the name in the object definition and the name in the system catalog for stored procedures, views, functions and triggers
- A new schema compare option named "Include objects with invalid dependencies" replaces the "Include views with invalid dependencies" and it now affects view, stored procedures, functions and trigger
- An issue with early expiration of xSQL Object trial period on Windows Vista and Windows 7 when the UAC is turned on has been addressed
- Enhancements and fixes in the command line utilities including a new error code that tracks script execution errors
- A fix for stored procedure multi-line comments
Support for SQL Server 2008 R2, enhancements and improvements.
October 06, 2008
- Support for SQL Server 2008 added
- Support for all new or enhanced data types such as geography, geometry, hierarchyID, date, time, datetime2, datetimeoffset, Filrestream
- Support for the enhanced full-text catalogs and indexes
- Support for Remote Service bindings for Service Broker
- Support the change tracking feature added in Sql Server 2008
- Improved object dependency handling
Support for SQL Server 2008
April 16, 2007
- Command line for unattended SQL Server database schema comparisons and synchronizations
- Additional comparison options give you more control over the comparison and synchronization engine
- Comparison and synchronization wizard added
- Ability to save comparison sessions for later use
- Create command line configuration files from the GUI
Revamped framework, new interface
May 01, 2006
- Support for SQL Server 2005 added
- Schema "snapshot" feature enables preserving the history of schema changes
- Reversing of schema changes using previously saved snapshots is now possible
- Intuitive interface with SQL Server 2005 look and feel
- Ability to script schema and data together
Support for SQL Server 2005
September 01, 2004
- Support for full-text indexes and full-text catalogs
- Support for scripting of User's login, User's Membership to Database Role, User's Login Membership to SQL Server Fixed roles
- Ability to exclude comments, both multi-line and single-line from the comparison for Views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and Triggers
- Uses colors to clearly identify schema differences
- Export schema compare results to html or comma delimited text
Improved performance and new features
April 26, 2004
- Support for SQL Server 2000
- Compare schema definitions of all objects, tables, views, stored procedures, functions
- Generate database synchronization script
- Execute synchronization database synchronization script
- Script objects
First version of SQL Schema compare