February 05, 2021
- Adds support for Azure Active Directory Authentication.
- Contains a new Schema Differences Report.
- Includes new assembly options, added to comply with the SQL Server 2017 assembly policy.
- Adds a new, by-column, mapping option for the unique constraints and composite check constraints.
- Improves the schema support for the SQL Server Express LocalDB.
- Includes some minor fixes.
September 23, 2019
- Adds support for SQL Server 2019 and the new features on Azure SQL Database.
- Streamlines the entity filters and use them primarily to exclude database objects.
- Fixes an issue related to databases created from snapshot streams.
- Includes some other minor fixes.
February 28, 2018
- Adds support for SQL Server 2017
October 25, 2017
- Supports spatial index GEOMETRY_AUTO_GRID and GEOGRAPHY_AUTO_GRID tessellation scheme.
- Fixes an issue with the foreing key dependencies.
- Fixes an issue related to the database assemblies with multiple files. Assembly files with the same name didn't map properly and triggered an error.
- Fixes a scripting issue with the user-defined data types based on (max) native type: varchar(max), nvarchar(max), varbinary(max).
- Adds a new option that compares or excludes the "checked" property of check constraints and foreign keys.
- Fixes an issue with the SQL Server discovery on Windows 10.
- Includes improvements in the licensing component for virtual machines.
October 17, 2016
- Supports the new SQL Server 2016
- Supports the latest features on Azure v12
- Adds more than fifty new objects
- Includes over twenty new comparison options
New schema compare SDK version 9, with full support for SQL Server 2016 and Azure v12.
November 02, 2015
- Adds supports for Microsoft Azure databases v11 & v12.
- Introduces a new comparison option ComparisonOptions.RefreshReferencingObjectsOnRebuild. This option adds, in the table-rebuild portion, additional script fragments, which refresh the views that reference the table that is being rebuilt.
- Fixes a "false" schema difference triggered by an unspecified TEXTIMAGE filegroup. This prevents unnecessary table rebuilds.
- Updates the spatial index script to handle unspecified grid levels.
- Includes the data compression option in the script for a unique constraint.
- Fixes an issue related to the collation of a column based on a user-defined data type. Since collation for this type of columns can't be scripted but could still trigger a difference, the collation clause is ignored during column comparison.
- Fixes an issue with assembly files. Now only the filename of an assembly is compared, neither the path not the extension.
New version 7 with Microsoft Azure support
January 19, 2015
- Fixes an issue with table dependencies.
December 22, 2014
- Supports new SQL Server 2014 objects, such as memory tables, columnstore indexes, selective xml indexes and more.
- Introduces the new Entity Filter that replaces the previous schema filters for more advanced object selection.
- Includes some minor bug fixes.
xSQL Schema Compare SDK version 5 with support for SQL Server 2014:
December 09, 2013
- Includes a redesigned comparison engine for fast, efficient and reliable schema comparison across all versions of SQL Server.
- Provides full support for SQL Server 20012 in addition of SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005 that were supported before.
- Improved scripting component ensures that the synchronization script is fast, accurate and fully compliant with the target database's version and compatibility level.
- A newly designed dependency algorithm ensures that all schema changes are captured, organized and scripted properly.
- An improved error handling ensures that errors are collected, reported, logged and either consumed silently or escalated if necessary.
- Over 100 comparison options provide more granular control over the comparison engine.
- New scripting and execution options control the way the synchronization script is transmitted to the target database and executed
Initial release of Schema Compare SDK v4 for SQL Server