RSS Reporter v4 released - completely redesigned, full support for SQL Server 2014
November 25, 2014
For Immediate Release
Atlanta, GA – November 25, 2014 – xSQL Software, a premier provider of database tools for SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 and other database management platforms, announces
the release of a completely redesigned, new version of RSS Reporter for SQL Server.
RSS Reporter for SQL Server provides for generating and managing standard Atom and RSS feeds containing information about SQL Server jobs, information about the database size and space usage, as well as feeds containing the results of ad-hoc T-SQL queries.
"The users of RSS Reporter love the convenience and efficiency that RSS Reporter provides compared to other means of getting and presenting information from a SQL Server, however, they were demanding more flexibility in configuring those feeds." said Erion Hashoti the Chief Technology Officer of xSQL Software. "The just released version 4 of RSS Reporter not only adds full support for SQL Server 2014 (supporting now all versions from SQL Server 2005 to 2014) but also implements many of the suggestions and requests that users of the old version have sent us."
New and/or improved features of version 4 of the RSS Reporter for SQL Server include:
- Atom or RSS feeds: standard, customizable, Atom or RSS feeds that can be consumed from any connected device.
- SQL Server 2014 support: full support for all editions of SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008/R2, SQL Server 2012, and SQL Server 2014.
- Fully customizable feeds: all predefined job and database feeds are fully customizable, you can choose which fields to include/exclude from the field by modifying the web.config file.
- Significantly improved query feeds: ad-hoc query feeds now have title templates, field labels, ability to set a url for a feed item and more.
- Admin interface: provides a convenient way for the administrators to create or manage RSS Reporter users and the feeds associated with each user.
- Simplified licensing: per user, unlimited SQL Server instances, unlimited feed readers.
RSS Reporter for SQL Server is now included in the Silver and Gold subscription and can be purchased either as part of those subscriptions or separately.
RSS Reporter for SQL Server is available for download from xSQL Software's web site here.