xSQL Schema Compare for SQL Server v4 released
November 14, 2012
For Immediate Release
Atlanta, GA – November 14, 2012 – xSQL Software, a premier provider of database tools for SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 and other database management platforms, announces
the release of xSQL Schema Compare for SQL Server version 4 (previously known as xSQL Object).
xSQL Schema Compare for SQL Server provides for comparing the schemas of two SQL Server databases, viewing the differences between the two schemas, choosing which
ones of the differences to synchronize, generating safe schema change scripts, and finally executing the change script on the target database, to make the target database or selected parts of it the same as the source database.
"After years of gradual and continuous improvements we have taken a major leap forward with the release of the fourth generation of our database schema compare tool."
said Naim Sula the CEO of xSQL Software. "The new version of the xSQL Schema Compare for SQL Server is built on top of a completely redesigned, faster, more efficient and scalable comparison engine and it brings a new, streamlined user interface that enables the user to complete the database change management tasks in less time."
xSQL Schema Compare for SQL Server version 4 reflects the experience gathered during 8 years from over 30,000 installations of xSQL Object (the predecessor schema comparison and synchronization tool) worldwide. Following are some highlights of what this new version brings.
- SQL Server 2012 support: full support for SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005. SQL Server 2000 is no longer supported, however, xSQL Object v3.5 will continue to be available on request for users that might still be using SQL Server 2000.
- New comparison engine: completely redesigned database schema compare engine is faster, more efficient, easily configurable and scalable.
- Efficient GUI: the completely redesigned graphical user interface is more intuitive, more responsive, better organized, and much easier to use. There is practically zero learning time required.
- One-click re-compare: xSQL Schema Compare for SQL Server automatically saves all the configuration settings related to a comparison session and allows the user to repeat that comparison in the future with a single click.
- Asynchronous operations: all comparison operations are implemented asynchronously so the interface remains responsive even when "heavy" comparison operations are going on the background.
- Total control: over one hundred options give the user total control over the comparison and synchronization of the database schemas.
- Improved comparison results: the new comparison results grid provides for grouping of objects based on type, status, schema etc.; filtering based on comparison results; drill down on tables and views to quickly identify what might be different; and more.
- Enhanced logging: extensive logging for API errors, UI errors and the script execution.
More details about the xSQL Schema Compare for SQL Server version 4 release can be found here....
xSQL Schema Compare for SQL Server supports Microsoft SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008, and SQL Server 2005 and is available for download from
xSQL Software's web site at https://www.xsql.com.