xSQL Database Comparison Bundle version 3.5 released
May 26, 2010
For Immediate Release
Atlanta, GA – May 26, 2010 – xSQL Software, a premier provider of SQL Server tools, Oracle tools, and other database tools, announces the release
of xSQL Comparison Bundle 3.5 with support for SQL Server 2008 R2.
xSQL Database Comparison Bundle includes xSQL Object for comparing and synchronizing the schemas of two SQL Server
databases, automating the deployment of database changes from development to production and xSQL Data Compare
for comparing and synchronizing the data in two SQL Server databases.
"We are committed to providing timely support for new releases of SQL Server while continuously improving our products."
said Naim Sula the CEO of xSQL Software.
Following is a list of what's included in this new version:
- Support for SQL Server 2008 R2;
- The passwords for SQL Server connections are now encrypted and stored in the workspace file eliminating the need to enter passwords every time you launch xSQL Object or xSQL Data Compare;
- Handling of discrepancies between the name in the object definition and the name in the system catalog for stored procedures, views, functions and triggers;
- A new schema option named "Include objects with invalid dependencies" replaces the "Include views with invalid dependencies" and it now affects view, stored procedures, functions and trigger;
- An issue with early expiration of xSQL Object and xSQL Data Compare trial period on Windows Vista and Windows 7 when the UAC is turned on has been addressed;
- Enhancements and fixes in the command line utilities including a new error code that tracks script execution errors;
- A fix to stored procedure multi-line comments;
- An enhancement on the way xSQL Data Compare handles identity columns - explicit updates of the identity columns are no longer supported and will trigger data warnings.
xSQL Database Comparison Bundle version 3.5 supports Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, and is available immediately from xSQL Software's web site at http://www.xsql.com.