xSQL Database Version Control Released
March 15, 2010
For Immediate Release
Atlanta, GA – March 15, 2010 – xSQL Software, a premier provider of database tools, announces the release
of xSQL Database Version Control (xSQLVC), the first true version control utility for Microsoft SQL Server.
xSQLVC allows teams of software developers to automate the database change management process making
it safe and efficient. A developer can work worry free on his local copy of the database, automatically
documenting the changes he is making on it while also being able to see and pull down all the changes
that the other team members may have published on the master copy of the database.
"Until now the best software development teams could do was to place the database change scripts under
source control, following a painfully inefficient process"
said Naim Sula the CEO of xSQL Software. "xSQLVC allows developers to focus on developing rather than
waste their energy managing database changes."
xSQL Database Version Control introduces a new, innovative approach to accomplish a seemingly simple but contradictory goal: give
the developer the flexibility he needs to make and test changes to the database while ensuring that all team
members are in sync. Have them all make changes directly to the development database and you have taken away their
flexibility; have them all work out of local copies of the database and they will be out of sync with each other
before you turn your head. xSQLVC solves the contradiction by combining both approaches: developers work worry-free
on their local copies while automatically synchronizing with all other members.
xSQLVC features include:
- ability to pull down the "master" copy of the database from the development server and automatically create the "local" working environment for the developer;
- auto-generation of database change scripts - make changes to your local copy and when you are ready to "check in" the changes generate the database change script with a click of a button;
- check in database changes to the master server;
- automatically update your local copy of the database with changes that other developers check in;
- maintain a complete history of database changes - who did what when;
- ability to rollback changes;
- ability to export some or all change scripts that you need to deploy changes to testing and/or production environments.
xSQL Database Version Control supports Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008,
and is available immediately from xSQL Software's web site at https://www.xsql.com.