xSQL Builder 1.0 for Automating SQL Server Database Deployment Released
September 1, 2007
For Immediate Release
Atlanta, GA – September 1, 2007 – xSQL Software, a provider of SQL Server tools, Oracle tools, and other database tools and utilities, announces the
release of xSQL Builder 1.0, a new SQL Server tool for the efficiency-minded database administrators and software developers,
that provides for automating the deployment of SQL Server databases to multiple clients.
xSQL Builder generates executable packages that contain all the information and logic required to deploy
the database to the clients’ environments regardless of whether it is a first time deployment or an upgrade from a
previous version. The self-contained database deployment package can be incorporated into a setup and deployment
solution or it can be shipped to clients as a separate application.
"Deploying databases to multiple clients that may currently be running older versions of the same database is a
tricky, time consuming, error prone and highly risky process..."
said Erion Hashoti the CTO of xSQL Software. "We designed xSQL Builder to make the database deployment
simple, fast and safe. The feedback from the early adopters indicates that we have indeed accomplished what we set out to do."
xSQL Builder is built on top of the xSQL Software’s robust comparison and synchronization platform and it relies on that
core functionality to accomplish the safe deployment of a new version of a database.
xSQL Builder's features include:
- Ready-to-deploy executable - a simple wizard based interface allows the user to configure and generate a self-contained
executable that is ready for deployment;
- Deploy to multiple clients – the same executable package can be deployed to multiple clients;
- Self-contained package – depending on the deployment scenario it embeds a compressed version of the snapshot of the master database schema,
the complete backup of the database, or the T-SQL scripts for creating the database
- Customizable C# code templates – xSQL Builder uses a set of template files to generate the executable package.
The template files are C# classes that contain the compare and synchronize code that runs on the client machine
- Extensive logging and built in notification
xSQL Builder 1.0 is available immediately from xSQL Software's web site at http://www.xsql.com. A fully functional
two week trial version is also available from the company's site.