xSQL Software Releases xSQL Object v1.5
September 1, 2004
For Immediate Release
Atlanta, GA – September 1, 2004 – xSQL Software, a provider of SQL Server auxiliary tools and utilities,
announces the release of xSQL Object v1.5, a utility for SQL Server Database Administrators and developers that
provides for Scripting, Comparing and Synchronizing SQL Server Objects.
“The outstanding reception of v1.0 of xSQL Object motivated us to work fast and hard to implement
some of the great suggestions that we received from our user community, and bring this new version to the market”
said Naim Sula the CEO of xSQL Software. “In addition of the new features and the improvements made on the user
interface we have also greatly improved the performance and robustness of xSQL Object”
Some of the new features included in version 1.5 of xSQL Object are:
- Support for full-text indexes and full-text catalogs;
- Support for scripting of User’s login, User’s Membership to Database Role, User’s Login Membership to SQL Server Fixed roles;
- Ability to instruct the compare engine to exclude comments, both multi-line and single-line, from Views,
Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and Triggers. The compare engine is smart enough to distinguish between a “true” comment
and one that might be part of the object name, e.g. [object/* test] or “object – test” are not considered by SQL Server as comments and neither are they considered as such by xSQL Object;
- The "rebuild dependency" in the Object Dependency has been rewritten - the new function performs a full refresh of the dependency tree starting from the bottom of tree up to the root;
- A completely new display interface for comparison scripts - the new design uses colors to identify the differences, organizes the object scripts in sections, allows section expand/collapse, adds headers to each section to show whether the section is the same or different within each pair of objects;
- Results can be ordered by each column on most of the result grids;
- Ability to export the compare results to HTML or comma delimited text file.
xSQL Object is built on the .NET platform and supports SQL Server 2000. It requires .NET Framework 1.1 or higher.
xSQL Object allows for comparing Servers, Databases across different servers, tables, views, stored procedures,
user defined functions etc. Also, scripting of various SQL Server objects based on the hierarchy of dependencies, and
synchronizing of such object is easy and straightforward.
xSQL Object v1.5 is immediately available for purchase from xSQL Software's web site at https://www.xsql.com.
A free, fully functional trial version of xSQL Object is available for download from the
company website at https://www.xsql.com.