Release date: January 04, 2017.
xSQL Documenter v5.0
- Support for SQL Server 2014 and SQL Server 2016.
- Support for SQL Azure
Release date: January 13, 2014.
xSQL Documenter v4.8
- Support for SQL Server 2012.
- Improved diagrams with GraphViz
- Dropped support for SVG diagrams
- Added the ability to exclude synonyms and sequences in Oracle
- Bug fixes
Release date: February 12, 2012.
xSQL Documenter v4.5
- Support for SSRS in SharePoint Integrated mode.
- Support for drawing data model diagrams with GraphViz
- Support for Informix 9
- Support for fetching permissions objects in Oracle
- Support for fetching dependencies between objects in different schemas in Oracle
- Support for exclusion lists in SSRS (Microsoft Report Server)
- Multiple bug fixes
Release date: November 09, 2010.
xSQL Documenter v4
- Support for Microsoft Integration Server 2005/2008, Teradata 13 and SQLite
- Enhanced Extended Property Editor to support more platforms and support for comments on procedure parameters
- A new "columns" section for table valued functions showd what columns they return (SQL Server only)
- Deterministic, schema bound and inline properties for functions were added (SQL Server only)
- Ability to suppress object dependencies on schemas (SQL Server only)
- Ability to specify max number of threads in GUI (the equivalent of the command line switch /threads)
- Support for replacing tabs with spaces in DDL
- Scripting of users, logins, and roles for SQL Server
- Support for connecting to Oracle using ODBC
- More details in the foreign keys section for SQL Server
- Specify sample rows from tables separately from sample rows for views since views can be very "expensive"
- Ability to order sample rows
Release date: January 24, 2010.
xSQL Documenter v3
- Added support for Microsoft Report Server 2005/2008
- Added support for Raima RDM Server
- Support for SVG diagrams. Now the diagrams can be rendered in all browsers, such as Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Internet Explorer
- Option to use short names in the documentation instead of the three part names
- Each table and view column is now added to the CHM index
- SQL Server only: support for an extended property filter. If you use a filter, only extended properties named in the filter will be fetched
- Microsoft Analysis Server: support for excluding XMLA and MDX code for objects
Release date: November 11, 2008.
xSQL Documenter v2
- Added support for SQL Server 2008
- Added support for Sybase SQL Anywhere 10.0 and up
- Adds a "choose objects" page in the GUI where you can specify what object types you want to document.
- Support for all DBMS platforms in the "exclude objects" GUI. Previously this GUI supported only SQL Server.
- Support for arbitrary HTML in database comments
- Analysis Server: support for XML comments in MDX scripts. This enables documentation of calculated members
- Support for cross database and cross server dependencies (through linked servers)
- Support for column dependencies (which columns of which table a stored procedure selects or updates
- SQL Server: support for XML comments on objects that don't have their DDL stored on the server, such as tables
Release date: March 04, 2008.
xSQL Documenter - one tool dcuments all
- Support for all major databases management systems including SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL etc.
- HTML and compiled CHM output
- Command Line interface
- Ability to generate dependency and primary/foreign key graphs
- Easy branding of the documentation
- Ability to show DDL/XMLA code for all objects documented
- Support for XML comments added to your stored procedures, UDFs etc.